Z Holdings Corporation
Primary Report Received From the Special Advisory Committee on Global Data Governance
Z Holdings Corporation (hereinafter “ZHD”) has received the primary report from the Special Advisory Committee on Global Data Governance, a committee consisting of external experts to verify and evaluate the handling of data in the Z Holdings Group from security and governance perspectives
For the outline of the primary report by the Special Advisory Committee, please click here.
For more information on the primary report by the Special Advisory Committee, please click here. (Japanese only)
Matters pointed out by the Special Adivsory Committee based on its verifications are as follows.
Major matters pointed out:
- Facts related to overseas consignments
- Facts related to storage of data
- Insufficient user communication on cross-border transfer of data
- Concerns regarding economic security
- Problems related to the engagement with the public sector
- Administrative guidance from the Personal Information Protection Commission to LINE Corporation and measures to be taken
- Administrative guidance from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications to LINE Corporation and measures to be taken
In order to establish a data governance system suitable for one of Japan's largest Internet service company groups, ZHD is working to improve its operations with economic security in mind. Based on this primary report and the recommendations ZHD will receive from the Special Advisory Committee in the future, it will continue to make further improvements. In addition, ZHD will continue to sincerely address the opinions and suggestions of users and experts, and work to increase the transparency and to create an environment where users can use its services with a sense of security.
For more information on the Special Adivsory Committee meetings held in the past, please click here.
Unless otherwise specified, English-language documents are prepared solely for the convenience of non-Japanese speakers. If there is any inconsistency between the English-language documents and the Japanese-language documents, the Japanese-language documents will prevail.